Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State, Dr. Emmanuel Akabe, said on Thursday in Lafia that 15 persons had died from COVID-19 complications in the state since the outbreak of the pandemic.
Akabe, who is also the chairman of the state COVID-19 task force, spoke at the meeting of the task force.
The deputy governor said that as of December 22, the state had 668 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 15 deaths.
He, however, said that over 600 cases were successfully treated and discharged after their results turned out negative.
He explained that the virus was killing people irrespective of their status in the society, hence the need for everybody to observe safety protocols to curtail its further spread.
According to him, the second wave of the pandemic is worrisome, as the virus has become more violent than the previous one.
He said that from statistics available to the government, even younger people are now vulnerable to the virus.
The deputy governor appealed to members of the public to always wear their face masks, maintain social distancing and wash their hands regularly to curtail the spread of the virus.
The post COVID-19 has killed 15 in Nasarawa so far -Deputy gov appeared first on Healthwise.